Re: [NTLK] Dial up walkthrough?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 07:30:33 PDT

On 01/10/03 09:18, "Dr.Julie Armstrong" <drarmstrong_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I've tried several times to get an internet connection with my emate
> and have had no success. So I gave up for a few months. Are there any
> new (or newer) web pages which walk throuhg a tep-bystep process? It's
> frustrating and I don't have a high level of tech knowledge. I'd love
> for this to be the Little-unit-that-could when I travel... : (
> Last time I tried it was to an ethernet and the address could not be
> found. But right now I'm simply looking for a dial up.
> Any suggestions appreciated, off list okay.

Usually, in Internet Setup, that would just be the matter of entering your
ISP's phone number and you would be done. Sometimes, it just doesn't work
that way and you have to use a login script to actually establish the
connection.

If you describe exactly what's happening, then maybe we could be of better
help.

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html