Re: [NTLK] Simplemail sending problems...

From: Randolphin (rgore_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 09:50:44 PDT

Matthew Reidsma wrote:
> I found the problem, or rather, it works now. I (surprise!) checked the authenticate SMTP box, entered a password and tried to send mail, got an error, unchecked authenticate and tried again, and voila! Worked like a charm.
>
> Simplemail must be like that old Car that won't start until you turn on the left blinker.
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> Matthew Reidsma
> matthew_at_reidsrow.com
> Brought to you via Newton Technology

Mathew,

        I know you solved this but just in case others are having problems and
are following along I wanted to add that some ISPs check to see that the
sender is using a return email address from that ISP as a "light"
security method. I have had troubles sending email because my email
address didn't match.

cheers,

Randy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html