Re: [NTLK] Proud owner of a new eMate 300!

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 15:00:00 PDT

This is the problem that Frank and others have been discussing in the
card l;ending service. However with the emate it may be a simpler
problem. A USB serial adapter, I think people have had luck with the
Keyspan will allow you to use NewTen to install packages. I don't know
if it will allow you to use NCU in classic, but if it does then you can
also do backups.
I am not sure but if you don't have the memory expansion you may find
your ethernet capabilities somewhat limited, it seems that it would use
about a quarter to a third of your internal storage but you will be
surprised how fast other packages can add up. Use a storage card for
things that you don't need while connected.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html