Re: [NTLK] Second PC Card slot in an eMate

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 04:13:24 PDT

The eMate cannot unfortunately support a second PCMCIA card.

Even though there is loads of empty space in there, easily enough room to
put the physical connector, there simply isn't the circuitry on the
motherboard to support it. If you look at the motherboard of an MP2100,
there are two IC's dedicated to running the two card slots; in the eMate
there is only one of those IC's.

It's too bad since the eMate could certainly benefit from having a second
PC card (not to mention a faster CPU).

-Stephanie

--
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/