Re: [NTLK] Spam - Penis growing!!!

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 01:26:02 PDT

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 22:33, John M Powell wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I suspect it's something other than from this list. I've
> been on for a long time, and get very very (very) little
> spam. My email address is sometimes even posted in the email
> body, which would make it easier to harvest. I did see a slight
> increase shortly after the Blaster made it's rounds. My guess is
> it's been harvested from some other location. Whatever you do,
> don't ask them to take you off their list. That's guaranteed to
> have the exact opposite response.

If your e-mail client has the option of faking a bounced message (Kmail
does, but you'd need Linux for that), I can confirm that a judicious use
of that feature for a couple of weeks will reduce spam to almost zero.

Of course, it helps if your ISP does some pre-filtering as well...

--
Karel Jansens.
Don't send me HTML-based e-mails, my mail program is set up to ignore them.