Re: [NTLK] 130 and Windows/Palm

From: Matthew Reidsma (matthew_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 16:52:00 PDT

1. Can I transfer diary/contacts by beaming between the IIIc and the 130 and if so do I need software

you will need a package called Backtalk. you can find it at http://www.smalldogsw.com/backtalk/index.shtml

2. Can I synchronise the 130 with the Palm desktop?

Yes and no. You can sync it with an older version (read: Claris Organizer) and a Mac quite easily but Your next question tells me You are not a Mac user. Yon Can Still do if, but not with the ease of the Palm. For instructions go to http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=100659577126879&w=2

3. Can I synchronise the 130 with Outlook?

Yes, but it will cost you. Try Outlink (http://www.swreg.org/soft_shop/3192/shopscr3.shtml) A license will run You $70.00. There is also Lookout, which has a hack floating around. Find more info at http://dettmer.maclab.org/newton/150.html (scroll down to the Synchronizing Section)

4. Can I put Word documents on to the Newton in the same way docs to go does with the Palm

Lots of Yess and Nos. Since you are running OS 2.0 and not 2.1, you cannot take advantage of Newtworks. NW allows easy importing of .rtf files but requires OS 2.1. For the 130, You can try importing the rtf file into Notes. Use NCU and click on "Import". That should work.

HTH!

Matthew Reidsma
matthew_at_reidsrow.com
Brought to you via Newton Technology