Re: [NTLK] MP130s & Batteries (was Newton MP130 and 802.1b)

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 00:31:14 PDT

Andrei Chichak <acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net> wrote:

> At 02:10 AM 9/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>I just ordered a refurbished MP130 from Shreve Systems; $29 for the
>>unit: no stylus, no powersupply, no batteries. :o\ (No problem! I've
>>got lotsa AA batteries .... and I have access to several of those OMP
>>styluses at the amazingly low price of $.50 each).
>
> Just throw in 4 NiCad AAs and tape the middle two together so that
the tape
> pushes down on the switch between the cells. They will charge just
> perfectly. I ran my CC110 for years like this.

Ah ...! A tape trick; I was going to try just using a piece of
cardboard to hold the switch down. ... but I'll give this a shot.

On another (more or less) matter, I was just informed the new
rechargeables are 1.2v(olts) vice 1.5v ... so even when fully charged,
my 130 reports these as being 90%. I seem to remember reading
something about a different app designed to report the proper voltage
...? This would be a Good Thing(tm). It would also be a good feature
for Paul's -- I mean, Avi's -- Backdrop! Naturally, it should
differentiate between regular Newton batteries, regular AA (1.5v)
batteries, and the 1.2v rechargeables and report accordingly ....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html