Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS, an aside.

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 07:30:54 PDT

No, No, No, my friend, let's not go off the deep end with fruitless legal banter.

I am not going to stop his sale of this crap.(Though I would probably kick his a** if I meet him ;-))

I will simply point out to him the error of his ways.

He is selling an inferior product (a clone of an earlier design) that is built at home.

All that is required is public awareness of the situation. Everyone is able to make a good decision based on the facts.

If you all decide to not buy his stuff then he WILL go away. He can't survive in a hostile market.

Now, it is very likely that some of you have had a good experience with Ferdi and wonder what all the fuss is about.

Well it's about honesty, integrity, and original thought; qualities that Ferdi is lacking to a great degree.

I am both saddened and flattered.

Saddened that he would seek to profit from my original labor and flattered that my design is so revolutionary that
someone would wish to copy it.

Make no mistake folks, it IS a copy, despite what he may say. I guess that he would argue that because the board isn't
EXACTLY the same layout then it is totally different.

WRONG!

Having examined the picture on his page, it is striking how the outline, mounting hole position, component placement and
reference designators are EXACTLY the same as my SER-001 rev - board. The circuit has to be the same or it wouldn't work
so:

HOW CAN IT BE ANYTHING BUT A COPY?

I see his ebay page still has no mention of the 'home-brew' nature of these boards.

I also see that he hasn't sold any yet.

The complete specifications link is dead also.

Caveat Emptor.

PCBman

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html