Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS, an aside.

From: Trevor Birch (Trevor.Birch_at_btclick.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 09:53:30 PDT

How about Ferdi lending one to PCBman (free of charge), so that he can put
us all out of our misery and state whether or not it is:

a. A copy or
b. Inferior quality.

If that's not acceptable, (and I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it
wasn't) how about each sending their wares to an independent techie within
the group, acceptable to both, for a comparison and technical appraisal, as
Ferdi reckons his is better than PCBman's.

If it is just a copy, then I'm not impressed, if it's an improvement, then
that's a different matter.

I'm not a techie, but I would assume that within the technical; aesthetic
and physical restraints imposed by the Newton case and contents, there
cannot be too many ways of providing a serial port solution, nor too many
places to screw screws!

Regards Trevor Birch

Trevor.Birch_at_btclick.com