[NTLK] Potential Battery Rebuilder found

From: Ravindra Mohabeer (mohabeer_at_yorku.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 07:42:13 PDT

Hi,

I've been looking at the Newton battery re-build sites lately wanting to
increase the capacity of my MP2000u battery pack. I don't have a battery
sled and I don't get to use my Newton as much because of the lack of battery
life (I got it to do work without a cord which I haven't been able to do).
Since I haven't found a good home for the Newton, I may as well fortify it
and see if I can't get more use of it.

While I was looking for replacement cells with soldering tabs, I found a
place in Toronto/Mississauga (and they have other locations in Canada)
called Battery Boys. I'm sure they aren't alone in their field but, who
knows, they might be.

They rebuild batteries of all sorts - laptops, pdas, cell phones, etc. I
gave them the basic rundown of what I had as they hadn't worked on a Newton
before, offered to bring in the DIY pictures and details from the web so
they wouldn't have to do any of the 'learning on the job' that would cause
me great suffering when the battery pack turns up dead.

The price they quoted...~ $30 cdn (works out to about $20/$22 USD) including
parts and labour. They said it would take about a couple of days depending
on their workload.

I'll let you know how it works out and the details of what they do and so on
if you're interested.

Ravi

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html