Re: [NTLK] NewtTest

From: pjfraser_at_mac.com
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 07:25:48 PDT

there are plenty of hams on here. we used to be required to know the
code to get our licenses...but i guess those days are gone. heck it
used to be that you could honk a greeting on your car horn upon seeing
a ham license plate - but now they flip you off, more often than not.

i decoded the newt test when i first encountered it but am too lazy to
do it right now. maybe i'll do it in a little while if no one beats me
to it.

di di di dit di dit.

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 01:47 AM, Glen Warner wrote:

> "Frank Gruendel" <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:
>
> (my old stuff *snipped*)
>
>>> everything seems okay (by the way, Frank, what is the backlight
> test
>>> saying in Morse?).
>>
>> You don't expect me to disclose this, do you? This would stop all
>> the fun people who are trying to figure it out are currently having.
>
> Ah ...! If I was still in the Navy, it would be simple to find a Morse
> Code Ninja amongst my fellow CTs ... anyone know Morse code? Time to
> get a team on this! :o)
>
>> And, no, I won't disclose the two easter eggs, either...
>
> You mean the one where when you -- nah, I won't tell ...!
>
>> Frank
>
> --gdw
>
> --
> inquiries