Re: [NTLK] roman numeral conversion

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 22:02:03 PDT

   I'll put it on my list of things to do when bored.

   Actually, does LittleLisp allow you to write produce packages that
can then access the interpreter, or have an API (or does anyone know if
the developer of LittleLisp is still working on it, or might be willing
to put in out as an OSS project?) for access by other programs?

   Roman numeral conversion would be rather simple in Lisp (might be a
tad harder in Lisp rather than Scheme since there's no lexical binding
in Lisp, but I think I remember that LittleLisp implements lexical
binding). Now, telling *whether* a number is a well-formed Roman
Numeral is harder (ex: IIIV isn't legal for 2, or XIII for 6). Since
I'm in a Scheme class right now - quite a bit harder than this: are
assignment last *week* was to write an interpreter (for a subset of
Scheme, in Scheme..)

Jim

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html