Re: [NTLK] OT: Clamshell iBook battery

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 17:33:35 PST

> Sorry for the OT question but wanted to load some s/w for a
> colleaugue's
> Newton via my old Clamshell iBook (firewire) but the battery has
> stopped
> taking a charge. Tried a hard reset. Is there any way to revive a
> Li-Ion
> battery that hasn't been used for some time?

How old is the battery? There's a chance it may just be at the end of
its' useful life. (I had to replace mine after about three years.)

If you're willing send it me (and cover the return postage), I'd be
willing to try it in my VST Charger, which has been known to bring
sluggish iBook batteries back to life. I can't guarantee that it will
work, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net