Re: [NTLK] PSION AND MAC

From: Christian Armbruster (carmbruster_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 1969 - 16:12:44 PST

Hi,

This may be the wrong place to ask... but : When it comes to
synchronization, there is nothing (!) for the Mac plattfom. Under Mac
OS 9 there is a commercial Mac program (no longer available) which
enabled file transfer, but nothing more. There is a JAVA prgram, which
runs under OS X and offers limitied file conversion.
(http://website.lineone.net/~john.montgomery/psionlink/)

I owned a Psion Serie 5 mx Pro for many years and bought myself a CF
Card Reader and used the excellent "nconvert" from Neuon Software
(www.neuon.com) which allows data conversion on the Psion (!) ( Psion
Word to RTF etc). I alsow managed to use Psions own Windows program
Psiwin with Virtual PC 5 and a Keyspan adapter.

When it comes to the Serie 3s I have do not know exactly how well they
work.

In fact the Newton is much easier to use with a Mac.... perhaps You
would consider a switch :-)

cheers
Christian (Germany)