[NTLK] It was a gift. I'm sorry....

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 07:35:00 PDT

>Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:15:51 +0200
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] It was a gift. I'm sorry....
>From: Christian Armbruster <carmbruster_at_mac.com>
>
>Hi,
>
>Same Story here :
>
>Psion 3a
>Psion 3c
>Newton MP 130
>some Palms
>Psion Serie 5mx Pro
>Nokia Communicator
>iPaq
>Clie (NX70V)
>Tungsten T3
>
>finally:
>Newton MP 2100

  I've seen everyone else's progressions and learned from what I
watched. I realized the Newton 2x00 was limited in some ways, but
versatile enough to remain interesting. I've given away a few Newtons
to friends along the way (120's and a 130 to my wife) that I no longer
needed.

   My history is a bit odd....

Tandy 100 1987-1994
Newton 110 1995-1997
Newton 2000 1997-1999

   Then for about a month I tinkered with an ATARI PORTFOLIO! It was so
cool having a device with a Atari logo on it!! And I tried using it!
But the poor device, made in 1989, couldn't compete with it's no
backlight, static ram, two hours of battery life, and very hard to get
memory cards (64K & 128K if you can believe that). I could have upped
the memory, added backlight, put longer lasting lithium batteries, and
bought a converter to use 1 meg Newton cards... but then I thought to
myself... why do all that when I could just...

Newton 2000 1999 + & beyond! ;)

    (I said I would use my Newton 2000 till it fell apart. Well I lied.
     I used it till it fell apart, and then bought a new shell for it
and kept going. :P )

     Doctor Clu