Re: [NTLK] Weird auction

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 11:26:15 PDT

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:24:05PM -0600, Grant Hutchinson wrote:
> In a previous message, Thomas Hart typed vigorously:
>
> >That looks a great deal. Like J&K trying to pull one over. Notice
> >the "Required Hardware Upgrade Not Included" as if Apple was sending
> >out the upgrade. TSK, TSK.
>
> I would suggest that a few people gently remind J&K that folks like us
> are watching them. And that providing accurate product descriptions
> and auction details are a much better business practices than not.

I wouldn't even really describe the auction title and description as
"misleading" but rather "haphazardly vague". Possibly it's the result
of someone not particular familiar with the Newton line posting the
auction. Were this a Windows CD that served exactly the same function
for a desktop PC, it probably WOULD be a reasonable description, because
that's how keywords for desktop kit get put together.

--
Every fleeting thought you've ever had in your life, no matter how bizarre,
is someone's lifelong obsession.  And he has a website.