[NTLK] Claris Organizer and NCU - that sync-ing feeling!

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 17:50:52 PDT

Hi All

I have just spent the last 4 hours 'doing battle' with NCU and various
PIM applications to try and sync my Newton to my Pismo. I have failed!

I know that this stuff may seem incredibly simple to most of you guys/
girls who fill the list with very technical discussions about things I
don't understand, but to us 'simple folk' who just want the Newt to
work its really important.

I have a MP2100 connected to a Pismo running Panther through a Keyspan
adpater installed in OS9. I have installed NCU in OS9 and also Claris
Org 2. I run them through Classic. I have configured the settings in
NCU Synchronization Settings to sync with the Organizer 2 file in the
IntelliLink folder of NCU. However I only get an error message - -28001
(invalid store signature?) when I try to sync. The Newt goes through a
number of stages of backing up names, notes etc but then the Mac comes
up with the error message. I have tried setting up a Claris file under
my name and sync-ing with that but also get an error message (-1). I
have searched the lists and found no answers to my problems. I have
also tried the process with Palm Desktop 2.6.3 and gotten the same
problems. The connection is good as I can installed packages with no
problems. I have also re-installed NCU just in case it was that, and
removed the MoreInfo application incase that was conflicting with the
process.

And with that I am out of idea and technical knowhow.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dave