[NTLK] How to programatically delete an autopart/package?

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 06:22:06 PDT

I know that this should be veeeery simple issue for the programmers in
this list but as a newtonscript newbie I've been unable to realize how
this can be implemented :(

I found references to SafeRemovePkg(PkgRef) and also
RemoveSlot(GetRoot(), PkgSym).
Are these the methods I should use?

For the SafeRemovePkg(), the PkgRef argument is retrieved thru the
GetPkg(name,store)
I believe I need to code like:

local the_ref := GetPkg("name_of_package","store_of_package");
SafeRemovePkg(the_ref);

Does it make sense?
Now, how do a know in which store is the autopart/package filled?
Do I need to use GetPackages() and use a foreach loop to search thru
the packages array for the specific package name and then collect its
store info?

Is there any direct ways to simply get the autopart/package symbol and
use a method that receives this symbol as an argument and the remove
it?

Sorry if I'm making a big confusion of terms but as I'm really lost
here.

Thanks!

lpetroni