[NTLK] Connection (ethernet) difficutlies

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 02:00:35 PDT

First of all, I'm a new MessagePad user, so take pity and have patience.
I recently bought a MessagePad 2100, with numreous extras. One of these
is a 3Com Megahertz 10 Mbps LAN PC Card (3CXE589DT).

The Internet Setup pane of the 2100 shows Ethernet Internal 3Com 3C589D
PC Card, so I presume it recognises this card.

I have installed NCU on an iBook and got it to run under Classic (9.2).
It shows "Start by establishing a connection from your Newton device."
AppleTalk is active.

The iBook and MessagePad are connected by an Ethernet Crossover Network
Cable RJ45, going from the ethernet port of the iBook to the 3Com card.

When I click the Dock button on the MessagePad, I see:

Dock TCP/IP
NIE Error:
There is a problem communicating with the PC card. The card may be
unusable or you may have removed it during a connection (-61006).

And, of course, I am unable to establish a connection between the two
machines.

Any pointers, please?

david