Re: [NTLK] Jobs: "Computers have key.

From: Rod (lavo_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 05:48:03 PDT

On 18/4/04 8:00 PM, "Woo Lee" <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> A few people bought it, ;-)
> Over 300,000 or more and quite a few companies, check www.pencomputing.com .
>
> Also most asked question I got back in 1996-1999 was 'Does it run Windows?'
> My fault, I used to reply 'a handheld computer' when asked 'What is it?'
> After I started to reply with 'a PDA', half of the questions were 'so
> that's a Newton', other half were 'is that a superPalm, finally a larger
> screen?'.
> ------------------
>> My mistake! I was thinking of the term pda in today's sense - a small
>> device that holds addresses, notes etc. In my opinion the Newton was more
>> of a computer than today's pda, thus why I said the above.
>>
>> Anyway, why didn't anyone buy it?
> ------------------
>
> ---------------------
> !ooW %-)
> Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
> www.lanug.org

It is obvious to me that I have been walking around with blinkers on. I
guess there weren't too many sold where I live (Perth, Western Australia),
so it would be easy to assume that would be the case elsewhere. Obviously
not.

I apologise to any that I have offended on the list with my opinions, which
seem to be incorrect.

Anyway, I won an Silver Lucent wireless card on ebay today, so hopefully it
will go well with the upgraded 2000 that arrives next week.

Kind regards

Rod.