Re: [NTLK] What about swapping an eMate ROM board with one of a 2100?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 07:21:07 PDT

On 19-apr-04, at 15:44, Peter Cameron wrote:
> Stephanie did do this. It doesn't turn the eMate into a 2100. what
> you get is a rather fractured view on the screen ... the eMate defaults
> to landscape and the 2100 to portrait so the screen is divided in half
> and unusable. It also zaps the eMate back to OS 2.2.00. There's also
> the
> prospect of things frying since this isn't a recommended procedure.

Thanks Peter fro confirming, brings back memories as well.
What I remember now is that it even shocked Stephanie a bit, she didn't
think the eMate would survive at first, and AFAIR she was probably the
most daring hardware hacker we ever had on the list (was there ever a
Newtie award for that ? ;-)
So only for people that have too many eMates and 2100 on their hands...

Robert Benschop