Re: [NTLK] 2 slot PCMCIA eMate?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 12:40:54 PDT

On Apr 19, 2004, at 11:40 AM, Doug Augustyn wrote:
<sni>

> I just assumed that Apple didn't write the ROM to include support for
> the two
> slots that the hardware didn't include. (There I go assuming...) I
> looked
> over (glanced really) at some data-sheets and figured that the
> hardware would
> be easy enough, but I assumed (once again...) the ROM wouldn't know
> what to
> do with the new slots.
>
> Now That I know that the ROM supports it, I'm going to start work on
> seeing
> how I'm going to go about putting some extra slots on my MP2000...
Why not work on getting the emate going first?

It sure seems the jump from one to two PCMCIA sockets is MUCH more
valuable to the community in general then the 2 to 4 leap.

Also it seems clear to me the case thickness of the 2100 isn't going to
allow for double tall PCMCIA slots without a SEVERE kludge, while it
sure seems like it might only take a little filing on the eMate :~)

Marty