Re: [NTLK] Problem Installing NCU

From: Dave Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 13:58:47 PDT

> Actually there was a report last week by someone who said he had
> tricked the keyspan adapter into working in both OSX and in classic, by
> unplugging it and replugging it at the appropriate time (whenever that
> is).

I was using NewTen to install some packages serially in native OSX.
When I tried to startup NTK, it complained there was an "unknown
error". Unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable (from the KeySpan)
from my PowerBook did the trick - it came right up - same with NCU.
Seems that once you use something in native X that uses the adapter,
you need to "release" it for a Classic app to use it. But by no means
do you need to boot into 9 to use the adapter.