[NTLK] connecting to a PC with NCU

From: Clodd, Tony (CloddT_at_chelmsford-college.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 05:19:20 PDT

Hi,
I've recently purchased a second hand Message Pad; (it's a 2000, upgraded to
a 2100). Generally, I'm very impressed with it. However, I'm having real
problems getting it to connect to my PC, which is a Windows 95 laptop.

I've installed NCU on the laptop, I've purchased a cable, (the type that
doesn't need the extra "dongle", i.e. it's in one piece), and I've set the
connection method, (serial), and the connection speed, (as low as possible),
on both the laptop and the MP to be the same. I've even installed
slowdown.exe on the laptop.

To connect, I've opened "Dock" on my MP and pressed "connect". All I get is
a message on the MP telling me that no connection has been made because
there was no response.

Please can anyone offer any suggestions to solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Tony Clodd