Re: [NTLK] connecting to a PC with NCU

From: Allan Ngaparu (angaparu_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 06:37:43 PDT

Tony how many serial ports do you have on the laptop, You probably already
tried this, but if you have two try the other one.

Sounds like youve done everything right although you probably wouldn't need
to use slowdown with a laptop running windows 95, unless its a fairly modern
or fast one. NCU works fine for me on a P111 450 running Windows XP without
slowdown for downloading packages but I find I need it for uploading
documents from the newt or trying to syncronise with Lotus organiser or
Outlook which I have not managed so far despite Tony Kans helpful advice.

I also use one of those Dongless Serial cable which I leave plugged into the
PC all the time. It make for fast easy connections

Allan Ngaparu
u2000 Brisbane