Re: [NTLK] So Definately no NCU through AppleTalk in 10.3 then?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 21:48:11 PDT

Aux environs du 26/04/04 à 21:40 -0700, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] So
Definately no NCU through AppleTalk in 10", ccsccs7 prit sa plus
belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>I noticed that. I was trying to set up a peer-to-peer (ad-hoc) network
>with my Newton. I couldn't figure out why Escale claimed the network
>wasn't there (it might have connected briefly at one point, but I don't
>recall). I had to go about it that was as my router also does not pass
>classic AppleTalk packets and I also wanted to see if it was encryption
>that was getting me down. Oh well, enough about my attempts.

Well, if you have suggestions to improve the process, let us know.

Unlike NCU, the Escale steps are simpler because you deal with a
single stack and unlike NCU, Escale keeps trying every second to fire
up its Appletalk interface.

1/ setup AppleTalk on the Newton
2/ setup AppleTalk on the Mac
3/ create the ad hoc network on the Mac
4/ connect to it on the Newton looking for other computers
5/ fire up Escale
6/ wait until the <...> AppleTalk widget goes black (it can takes 15 seconds)
7/ choose your Mac in the browser on the Newton, close the browser
and choose connect.

I nearly do it at every NUG meeting since I did it in Brussels ;)

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/