Re: [NTLK] dd revisited

From: Doug Augustyn (optix_at_six5535.org)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 12:04:50 PDT

I use a process similar this to keep an extra backup of my linear cards. I
guess I'm just privledged to have PCMCIA slots in my computer. ;) When I
backup every night, I rotate between two PCMCIA cards, and every 2 days, I
make an image using the process you have described.

The glory of this method is that you can use it for any version of the NOS.

I'm glad to see another person abuses/uses dd like me. (This process also
works for making backups of USB drives.)

Responding to Jeff Sheldon's comment:

--
My other computer is a Newton UMP2k
http://www.SiX5535.org