Re: [NTLK] Connecting to MP2100 with Lucent Silver

From: Cedric Sullivan (ccsccs7_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 11:57:22 PDT

Since youre connecting via a case station, you should
set it to Infrastructure. AppleTalk packets might not
be supported by your case station on the wireless side
(unless youre using it over IP, I havent used the DCL
TCP/IP package yet, so I dont know.

Im on my phone right now, so I cant check everything
Ive written or that you or others have said, sorry if
Im a bit confusing.

Cedric
--- newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
<david.neale_at_pandora.be> wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, I tried both WEP on and off
(not knowing what the
> check-box was actually for!).
>
> Sounds to me as if the set up is a bit of a
hit-and-miss affair -- keep
> trying until something works! Is that about the size
of it?

> David
>

> > Are you trying to work with WEP encryption? 64bit
doesn't work for me
> > (and I heard that 128 does) but I just go without
encryption which
> > does
> > work for me. I was also able to use DHCP. In
order to get the sync to
> > work for me, I had to "conect to the Internet"
(that is, establish a
> > connection with an Internet aware app (that could
just be the version
> > of
> > the Dock transport I'm using)), then connect with
the Dock. Make sure
> > you have a steady light on the card, as that
indicates that it's on
> > the
> > network (in the Internet preference, make sure to
add a disconnect
> > time
> > (I set mine to never, so that I can disconnect
when I'm ready.)

> > Cedric
>

> David Neale wrote:
>

> >…
> >
> >When Dock is set to "Connect via TCP/IP,
"Connecting to the
> >internet..." is displayed for a short time, and
then Dock TCP/IP shows

> >"NIE Error:
> >Problem connecting. DHCP server unavailable or
unable to configure
> this
> >device."
> >
> >(using "Connect via TCP/IP.)
> >
> >When Dock is set to "Connect via AppleTalk"
(AppleTalk checked in
> Sytem
> >Preferences of MacOS) and either "Connect to
Airport" or "Connect to
> >other computer" is selected in Dock, the message
"Select a Mac OS
> >computer" nd "Looking for Mac OS computers…"
appears, but none is

http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/