Re: [NTLK] Why not maximize your Newton experience?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 08:55:22 PDT

>From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
>Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:23:23 EDT
>:
>Occasionally, I read postings from people who are still using the earliest
>versions of the Newton (100, 120, 130). My question is WHY these folks have not
>stepped up to using the MP 2X00 models? I would tend to think that the
>reduced functionality of earlier Newts would just be too frustrating to deal with.

Ah well, maybe the just... like them? Newtons tend to become very personal items, and hadn't I been so short of cash when upgrading to my first 2100 years ago I would not have sold my trusty 130. Then there's of course the matter of applicability, as an example I would bet that an OMP or 130 makes a way more convenient Newt to go shopping groceries with, just because of the size.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive