Re: [NTLK] Why not maximize your Newton experience? {re: using earlier models}

From: b a silver (basilver_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 11:43:24 PDT

My point, exactly, Mike! "It fits the bill." IMHO that's why we use anything. It's not that it has the most functionality, like video messaging or WIFI or whatever - it that it does what we want it to. In my case, I want it to be fun, introduce me to something new, let me read a book or two, and be there to pass on to my son when he is ready. I don't need a 2100 for that.

To set the record straight, I didn't mean to imply that Palms are better. I like to use my Palm because it is shirt-pocket small (hence, always with me), and let's me bring fairly hi-res color pics and videos of my kids with me (the better to bore others with).

I bought the MP100 because it better "fit the bill" for reading books by my bedside - larger screen, inline pic support (diagrams, what have you).