Re: [NTLK] A possible answer to your Mail V problem and my own difficulties

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 05:31:34 PDT

On 3 Aug, 2004, at 8:28 am, Glen Swanson wrote:

> Mail V seems to
> insist on downloading mail repeatedly so I may end up with half a dozen
> copies of the same letter on the Newton. This is a bit frustrating when
> they are larger documents.
> Could it be I've set something up incorrectly, or am I missing the
> point with Mail V.

This is NOT supposed to happen. Mail V remembers the id of the last
message you received, and next time you connect picks up from there.
Two things can happen to upset this arrangement:

o You press the ReSync button in your owner card's E-Mail Access slip.
    ALL messages on the server will be fetched next time you connect.
o The server's UID validity changes.
    This should happen only in exceptional circumstances.

If you can send me a log of an offending email session, captured using
the debug version of Mail V, I might be able to see what's going wrong
in your case.

Simon