Re: [NTLK] Apps from the Net to the Newt

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 13:14:00 PDT

On Aug 3, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail wrote:

> It would be nice to sync up with ical especially.
>

> If I get the keyspan serial to usb you mentioned, would it be possiblea
> of going beyond syncing with ical, maybe put a few mp3's on the newt
> and surf the net with the newt while connected via usb?

There is currently no good working solution for syncing ical with the
Newton's built in calendar.

Newtsync (or Nsync) was a brilliant attempt at this, but never
resolved it's issues and so has problems.

Escale has the interface widgets that make it look like it will do
syncing, but the current build doesn't do this yet.

Also as the previous poster said, getting an older mac can provide you
with the sync capabilities of NCU, as well as the backup feature, and
in many cases will cost less then the Keyspan adapter.

Just my 2c.
Marty

PS I don't recall anyone describing using the USB/serial adapter for
net access.