Re: [NTLK] Wireless PC Card Question

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 15:46:48 PDT

Paul Guyot wrote:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 00:11:51 +0200

>Install Newton Devices (aka Lantern)
>http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/software/Internet/NIE2/ENETSUP/newtdev.pkg
YES

>Hiroshi's driver:
>http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm
YES Registered COPY

>And MoreWiFi:
>http://www.kallisys.com/newton/morewifi/

YES

>You don't need Lantern Patch for the WL110 as mentioned in the table
>since the WL110's product string is less than 32 characters long.
>If you want to know what your card's product string is, install
>GetCardInfo:
>http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/GetCardInfo/

Paul,

Unfortunately I did not see this before I left work.
I was however able to track down the info finally back to your site Paul.
The list definitely helps!
In had all the other files installed already and started with the Lantern
Patch (now I know I don't need it) - No Good, then installed the More WifIs
(the card was recognized!)
(Close ears here for some!) Praise God for Paul! and all his hard work!

Now I will have to either Stumble on a local wireless network or wait
paitiently for the return of my Wireless AP...

Appreciate the quick response! :)

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family