Re: [NTLK] new Newton user

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 11:42:12 PDT

> I'm the new owner of a Newton MessagePad 120 that I have just bought
> second-hand. How can I connect this to my Powerbook? Is it possible to
> use WiFi with as Newton?

Connect it to your powerbook by using NCU (Newton Connection Utilities).
  You can get a free copy from http://www.unna.org. Look under apple
then software and you should find it. Of course that is assuming you
have the right Mac cable to connect it. I think it is just a plain
serial to serial, but I am not Mac fluent so others will have to chime
in on this.

As for WIFI it is very possible but not with a 120. Only a MP2100 does
it really well. And you have to get the right PC card as not all work
with the Newton and or drivers. Check wiki at
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/ for info. Also you can do a search
in the archives under http://www.newtontalk.net. And finally read the
FAQ lots of good info at http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

-Dan