Re: [NTLK] Also a new Newton User

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 11:47:28 PDT

Jeremy Fisher wrote:

> I just bought a Newton 130 (with backlight!) on eBay and am extremely
> impressed with it. I found out how to connect to my computer and
> install software, etc--WikiWikiNewt is extraordinarily helpful. What I
> wasn't so lucky in finding was some kind of shell like DashBoard or
> Button Bar that I can use on a 130 with OS2.0 instead of those made
> solely for 2x00 models. Does such a package even exist?

Try tapbar. It is not the same thing, but it does add some nice
buttons. It is free on UNNA (under utilities/menus I think) and very
configurable with lots of buttons you can use. And if you want to pay
you could get Gesture Launch from ICS (www.newts.com). That allows you
to set special areas in the silk screen bar and allow a lot of
customization.

-Dan