Re: [NTLK] Reading a Book

From: Steve Weyer (saweyer_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 03:53:24 PDT

> From: Jim Grich <webmaster_at_weblync.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] Reading a Book
> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:47:07 -0400
>
> I downloaded a copy of the Art of Newton to read as was talked about
> the last few days on this list. As strange as this sounds, I'm not sure
> how to open the book and use it. I tried to use NewtsCape as I
> understand you can open books in it. Couldn't figure a way to import
> the book. I tried NewtonWorks and again could not import it. I even
> tried to tap on the actual file and it opened but I then have to tell
> it what page to go to using a "Go To" dialog box.

to clarify about Newt's Cape. it creates books on the Newton from HTML
(or plain text) source, that then use the built-in book reader. once
the book is saved as a .pkg, you would no longer need to have Newt's
Cape around -- unless the Newt's Cape-created book used HTML links to
jump within the book (or across books).

Steve
weyer_at_kagi.com
http://www.kagi.com/weyer/