Re: [NTLK] Case

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 04:46:43 PDT

On Wednesday, August 11, 2004, at 12:13 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Aha... it THAT how you're supposed to use those dinky little elastic
> bands... Personally, I think it's a complete and utter joke and I
> can't wait to replace my (unused) one. The picture on the front of the
> packaging doesn't even match the product inside. Anyone want a Calise
> case? Anyone want to swap against a sleeve case? It'd save me sending
> the thing back to J&K.

I think there are a few models of "Calise" case, or things being sold
as one anyway.

I have a couple which say "CALISE" diagonally on the front, leather
with a front pocket, inside is a card flap, and a secure holster for
the bottom of a 120/130 ( a 2100 fits better if you add 1/2" of
sticky-backed velcro, no sewing needed). This one is pretty cool, the
front pocket holds wireless card or cell phone plus cables or whatever.
  There's a (very flat) zippered pocket buit into the back flat for
small papers and the like, too. I got one on ebay on a whim, and then
got another 'cos it was a nice thing.

I have another leather case, doesn't say Calise anywhere on it, has a
inner board with 3 different wide flat elastics, this is a riser board
that can come up and stand up at 45 degress, the foot of the riser
sticks with velcro over the entire back inner cover. A 2100 alone just
fits snugly in this, no room for much else, it's not super useful for
storing stuff (there are some card storage spots in the front cover
that get covered with a leather flap so they won't hurt the open
screen) but I don't like the idea of leaving the 2100 "open" so
wouldn't use it the way it is intended (an "instant open, your 2100 is
right there" case, I guess (the elastics might even be best for a 130,
I've not tried them). Pluses for this, it's very sturdy, would provide
padding, and it looks like a bible case not an electronics case so
slightly less likely to be stolen perhaps. To me it sounds like you
have this one?

You might want to take a look at the first mentioned case; it's what I
use when I'm not using the Rip-Off case. Great for travelling 'cos all
the stuff for your cell phone connectivity or cables and stuff can be
in one spot- the pockets on the Rip-Off are not as large. $9.95 often
on ebay.

Else, perhaps look for the Rip-Off padded holster-style with a belt
clip, perhaps. Or at least for pictures of one :) Usually only
available new.

HTH.

Brian

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only