Re: [NTLK] Case

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 11:41:56 PDT

> I think there are a few models of "Calise" case, or things being sold
> as one anyway.
>
> I have a couple which say "CALISE" diagonally on the front, leather
> with a front pocket, inside is a card flap, and a secure holster for
> the bottom of a 120/130 ( a 2100 fits better if you add 1/2" of
> sticky-backed velcro, no sewing needed). This one is pretty cool, the
> front pocket holds wireless card or cell phone plus cables or whatever.
> There's a (very flat) zippered pocket buit into the back flat for
> small papers and the like, too. I got one on ebay on a whim, and then
> got another 'cos it was a nice thing.
>
> I have another leather case, doesn't say Calise anywhere on it, has a
> inner board with 3 different wide flat elastics, this is a riser board
> that can come up and stand up at 45 degress, the foot of the riser
> sticks with velcro over the entire back inner cover. A 2100 alone just
> fits snugly in this, no room for much else, it's not super useful for
> storing stuff (there are some card storage spots in the front cover
> that get covered with a leather flap so they won't hurt the open
> screen) but I don't like the idea of leaving the 2100 "open" so
> wouldn't use it the way it is intended (an "instant open, your 2100 is
> right there" case, I guess (the elastics might even be best for a 130,
> I've not tried them). Pluses for this, it's very sturdy, would provide
> padding, and it looks like a bible case not an electronics case so
> slightly less likely to be stolen perhaps. To me it sounds like you
> have this one?

Yes the CALISE cases had several versions. The first one was the one
you speak of with the holster. However they don't fit the MP2x00 form
factor very well. The newer version that came out after the MP2x00's
are designed to hold a MP1x0 or MP2x00 form factor, however at the cost
to your screen lid. I was always suprised that they made such a nice
case the first time then made a cheap joke of harness the second time.
But it did make it easy for them to support all Newts with one case
(except the emate of course) and I suspect if the Newt was not canceled
the would have made a better harness system. Or someone else would
offer a ready made fix for the problem.

-Dan