Re: [NTLK] Euro filing reveals Apple 'handheld computer'

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 12:35:01 PDT

On Aug 13, 2004, at 9:01 AM, Jon Glass wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2004, at 4:22 PM, Peter H. Coffin wrote:
>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/13/apple_tablet_mac/
>>

> You know, just a few short weeks ago, Steve admitted that they had
> developed a PDA-type device, but had decided to not finish it, or bring
> it to market, because the market to support it just doesn't exist.
Actually he did not say this...

He said he was proud that they didn't ship it, but he didn't say why
(not ready yet?)

Personally I agree with Nicholas on this. Tablet based OSX systems
would not satisfy Newton users, and would most likely be the same
failure that windows based ones have been. Newton OS was designed from
the ground up for pen based interface and minimal hardware/long battery
life.

Marty