Re: [NTLK] Connecting to a Powerbook (Bluetooth?)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 21:43:12 PDT

On Aug 14, 2004, at 8:44 PM, Sean Riddle wrote:

> Hi! I'm going to be getting a MessagePad 2100 from J&K soon, and I'm
> not exactly sure what my options are connecting it to a modern
> PowerBook. I know that I can connect it with some combination of mini
> DIN connectors to USB, but I'm not sure what the details are. It would
> be difficult to track down the cables, and I was hoping rather that it
> would be possible to connect to the PowerBook and synchronize with it
> through the Bluetooth protocol. I know for sure that you can get online
> with a 802.11 PC card, but I haven't heard about it being used to
> transfer data from another computer. Is this possible?
Yes. Using Eckhart Koppens incomparable Blunt which adds Bluetooth
support to Newton and his other software which adds obex support for
the exchange of Vcards. You can use the Apple bluetooth file exchange
program located in you Applications/Utilities and this will let you
send/receive items via BT.

Also Eckharts IC/VC allows for the Newton to put away packages and
other data types that are received via BT.

All that said, there isn't any true "syncing" that I am aware of with
this setup... But it works very well for me.

http://www.40hz.org

Marty