Re: [NTLK] [POLL] What's Your favorite Newton?

From: Nicolas Krizan (nico_at_mbox309.swipnet.se)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 17:03:41 PDT

>Steele Campbell skrev:

>The early models can do quite a bit...providing you don't need the
>Internet.

I don't.

>An OMP with a 1/2/4MB RAM Card can provide you with an excellent day
>timer.

This might actually be good enough for me.

>An MP110 has an excellent rubberized case which makes holding it very
>simple. The form factor is also nice as it is neither top- nor bottom-
>heavy. With its constrasty screen it makes an excellent eBook reader

>An MP120 w/ 1.3 is likewise good as a daytimer or an eBook reader

Haven't had the time to read very much lately but who knows what the
future might bring?

>An MP130 actually has SRAM as opposed to Flash RAM which gives it a
>much longer overall lifespan, not to mention the fact that the MP130
>has quite a bit of free memory and a backlight. For this is makes the
>best "nighttime" book reader (however the screen is not nearly as
>clear as the 120 and 130 in regular light).

>The eMate is very similar to the 120. It offers an excellent interface
>with the keyboard and is a good balance, however it lacks the Flash
>RAM and extra cardslot to make it useful. This can be alleviated to
>come extent using the RAM upgrade. For simple writing, the eMate is
>bar none, the best handheld available

I only need to write shorter texts.

Thank you very much for the concise information. Tough choice! Which ones
have the ability to record and playback sound? Alarm clock? Simple sketch
possibilities? Uncomplicated and robust import/export/backup to/from
stationary macs? Other pros and cons?

Maybe I should get one of each and try them all out :-)

kind regards/nicolas