[NTLK] [POLL] What's Your favorite Newton?

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 00:37:00 PDT

As I was cleaning up my now quadropelegic eMate, I began wondering and
that wondering has turned into this poll.

Now obviosuly there will be a large majority who will shout the
MP2100, 2000u or even 2000 simply due to its hulking memory and
blazing processor speeds, however I am looking for your "favourite",
not the most powerful. Which one made you just marvel at the
technology? Which one ooW - ed you with its very simplistic and yet
beautiful design? Which one would you say you truly thought to be the
coolest?

In my humble opinion, the BatNewt, also known as the eMate was my
hands down winner. I remember as a teenager, I saw it in a PC Magazine
(I believe it was the "toys & gadgets" edition, 1997 in the PDA
sections). I saw it and it just shocked me with its looks, its power
(at the time I was still running a Mac II with similar specs) and its
price (it was one of the cheaper units!). I will admit however, that I
am a 'looks' kinda guy and the exterior shell and its durability just
about blew everything else away.

Later on that year I saw Batman & Robin (horrid movie though it was)
and the cameo of the "soupped" [pun intended] up eMate and the 20th
Anniversary Mac - I was in love.

So which one is your favourite and why?

--
Thank you kindly.