Re: [NTLK] speed check software "pixsolutions"

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 06:25:12 PST

on 07/12/04 02:46, paul oberman at poberman_at_mac.com wrote:

> So what you are saying is that you would have to check what the ip is, where
> you are logged on, and manually update it at dyndns. How long does it take
> for that change to be available to the web?

What you are updating are their database. Since the URL you provide to your
visitors goes to their database, as soon as the database is updated, the
change is effective. At least in my case. There was somebody who said the
service is free. For me, initially, the service was free, but at some point
I paid a one time fee to get advanced features.

-Laurent.

"imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work
another company could come along and copy your work and market it under it's
own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple
could not afford to advance the state of the art" -Bill Gates '83