Re: [NTLK] Stylus Clamp Lock Assembly issues (Previously Re: Thanks !!!)

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 07:57:39 PST

Don,

Got your defective piece in the mail.
I disassembled the part to it's basic four pieces hoping to understand
what the issue was. It was definitely not a clean it out and it should
work situation from what I saw or suggest by one of the other list
members.

Fours Basic Pieces: Clamp Assembly(Clamp), Spring, Metal Lock/Release
Bracket(Bracket) & Square Housing(Housing)

After carefully inspecting it as it was received and then after
disassembly I notice that the Bracket was not in the correct shape
(not symetrical). I reassembled it and tried to test the range of
motion but immediately upon plunging the stylus into the Clamp it
would not cycle to the unlock position. It seems that the Bracket in
it's deformed state will not follow the grooves in the lower portion
of the Clamp to allow deisengagement into the unlock position... Very
weird!

My Suggestion: Take care in your insertion of the stylus... Dropping
the stylus in and then pressing lightly to engage the lock.

This in no way is an assumption that your normal actions of inserting
your stylus and locking it caused this. There was nothing in the part
that could have caused this problem - my only possible theory is that
the engagement of the stylus lock was done too quickly and the bracket
fell out of the grooves and caused it to be deformed. Very unlikely as
the Bracket is very hard metal and difficult to bend.

I am going to forward this to NTLK as I hope this will assist others.

I'm not sure if anyone is really interested but I can document this is
photos but will need a place to host the pictures. If someone is
interested in hosting contact me off-line.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung