Re: [NTLK] Cheap eMates at eBay

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 13:23:30 PST

Unfortunatly, I couldn't get that number from this:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3D177&item=3D515049>
> 3213&rd
I tried several combinations, but gave up after two
unsuccessful tries...I don't make it my business to
know eBay's auction numbering scheme, so when I
attempted to decode it and failed, I moved on.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Kirk Zathey <zathey_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22-Dec-04, at 2:17 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
>
> > Might I make a suggestion regarding links in this
> > group?
> > We've been seeing quite a bit of weird character
> > interaction with our postings as of late and most
> > times, these weird characters don't affect the
> human
> > readability of the body of the text.
> > Unfortunatly, URLs are a different matter. If they
> > aren't exact, they will fail, and it's almost
> > impossible to extract those weird characters from
> the
> > URLs.
>
> Just type the item number 5150493213 into an eBay
> search engine to get
> to the page. The item description is already in
> English so if you
> access it through eBay.com instead of eBay.de it
> will attempt to
> translate it, just click view page in original
> language and you should
> be fine. Good luck!
>
> Kirk Zathey

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial