Re: [NTLK] advice: emate 300

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 12:19:50 PST

a new eMate is still more than 6 years old. The issue is the grease
that is used to lubricate the tensioning springs seems to dry out and
become sticky. The hinges should be cleaned, re-greased and have
washers installed on any eMate that is still functioning. This is not
a difficult repair and it sounds as if you have some in poor condition
to use for practice.

The orange light suggests that the charger is functioning and that the
eMates power circuitry is intact. To see if it is charging open the
extras drawer (press the extras button) and at the bottom right side of
the screen is a battery status bar. If it is charging you will see a
message that says so and the bar will darken from left to right.

Woody