Re: [NTLK] a hummm

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 19:03:31 PST

Here is a step-by-step instruction on what I did fr my
speed upgade.
http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed/
I have two versions. The first one is without the
switch and the second one is with a switch. I explain
where I get everything in my website.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:07:06 -0800, paul oberman
> <poberman_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
> Read all the advice given already, I'd go along with
> those conclusions.
>
> > where to put the switch for the speed upgrade
> Placement? well I'd suggest where most people place
> the switch - some
> where underneath the Port Door. Likely below the A/C
> Adapter Jack
> where the Serial Number label is located. If you'd
> like I can provide
> a photo of mine just drop me note off-line after the
> holidays.
<snip>
> One NOTE: If you are going to any cutting becareful
> and slow. Make the
> verticle cuts to define the left and right limits of
> where the switch
> will go and make sure they are not too deep - if you
> need to go deeper
> you can always adjust for this.
>
> If you installed the crystal upgrade according to
> other instructions
> you will need to test for obstructions of switch
> and/or crystals which
> make cause the dreaded bulge.
>
> Have a great time hacking!
> --
> God bless,
>
> Sonny Hung

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial