Re: [NTLK] Lucent Bronze cards

From: Craig Smith (smith_at_west.net)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 07:18:51 PST

In a previous message Paul Oberman wrote:
>Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:41:46 -0800
>From: paul oberman <poberman_at_mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Lucent Bronze cards

>i am starting to have the feeling that there is a small difference
>between lucent wavelan bronze cards. for some people they work and for
>some they don't.

>i wonder if every person, who looked at his working card, would see
that
>is is actually a bronze turbo?

>maybe that is why some don't work, like mine, which is just a bronze.

>paul

I have a Lucent Bronze Turbo Card. After" bragging" how flawlessly it
worked my graphite Air Port died. I replaced it with a new Air Port
Express and guess what. The Bronze Card no longer works. Before I was
connecting with DHCP. The bronze card won't even get on the internet
with the DHCP. I switched to manual, and manually entered DNS settings.
Now it gets onto the internet but then gives me an error message saying
that it is unable to find the host server. There is a reference on
Hiroshi's website to having tested his driver with Airport Express and
having mixed results. The whole point is the problem may have a lot to
do with the base station and less to do with the card.

Craig Smith
www.lawschoolhelp.com