Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Nightmare help!!

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 07:33:39 PST

on 01/02/04 6:01 AM, Dave Bellamy at dave_bellamy_at_mac.com wrote:
> I have tried the Newton Talk archives and didn't find the answers.
Dave,
    I guess the easiest way to troubleshoot is to go through what should be
installed on the Newt.
    Check that you have the following installed:
    NIE 2.0 (Newton Internet, Newton Devices, NIE Ethernet, Internet Setup)
    For the D-Link card you'll also need Atlan8
    When you put the card into the Newt you should get a slip asking if you
want to use that card for AppleTalk. If you don't get the slip, something
isn't happy in the settings.
    In preferences-->AppleTalk make sure Ethertalk and your card are
slected.
    In dock, select connect via AppleTalk and it will search for your Mac.

    On the Mac:
    Make sure AppleTalk is on and set to connect via Ethernet.
    In NCU make sure AppleTalk is checked in the preferences.

    I used a 660+ with my Newt for a while and it did work with a crossover
to my PB5300.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html