Re: [NTLK] Isaacs Dates vs. TimeTraxx? [was Re: iambic

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 01:23:01 PST

>From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Isaacs Dates vs. TimeTraxx? [was Re: iambic
>Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 00:03:01 +0100
>
>On 1-feb-04, at 18:04, DJ Vollkasko wrote:
> >> As for Isaac's Dates, I haven't seen it in ages, and
> >> couldn't find anything solid on it just now via Google...
> > It adds a new Dates view, which shows a whole month and every day is a
> > line, the dates show as time-bands in each days line - so you
> > immediately
> > see how many dates you have, when and how long they are. Tapping a date
> > gives you time & title, and you can check any additional notes and see
> > who else is involved in that date. Plus you can display if a day has
> > to-dos or anniversaries. Quick entry of new dates, too.
> > Seems nice enough and doesn't replace anything - you can always
> > use the build-in views.
>
>After all these years on the list I can still be surprised by a major
>package I never heard about, incredible!

Oh, looking at it, I wouldn't call it a major package, but just something
nice that makes sense. It's just 65 KB on the diskette, so it's not too
heavy (but then, it ain't how many bits you need, it's what you do with
them, right?).
Most small add-ons are like that, they make you wonder why this stuff isn't
in the OS already.

>Would you have any info like screenshots etc.(none show up in the links
>you supplied) and would it still be usable.

I got Scrapbook on my Newt and serial to PCs. What do I need to do to
upload screenshots?
About useable - I'll keep it on my MP130 for a while and will see if it
proves itself.

DJV.

P.S.: Robert, with all your long Newton experience, would you pls. take a
look back and peek into the Newton First Aid Kit-thread? I'm looking for
any other recommendation to use on such a troubleshooting card. What
besides the stuff already listed have you used in the past to fix up things?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html